Step 1: Upload your Images
- Go to the 'Your Media' tab
- Upload all images/banners in the relevant sizes » Click to see all available sizes
Step 2: Create Campaign
- Login and go to 'Manage Campaigns'
- Click on 'New' to create a campaign
- Choose Network 'Display CPM'
- Name your campaign and set the bid you are willing to pay per impression (CPM) » Check current Bid Price Ranges
Step 3: Setup Targeting Options
- Choose the countries, regions or cities where you want your advert to be shown (* mandatory) » Check available countries
- Choose 'Target By Device Types' and select which devices you want to target. » Click for more details
- You can alternatively choose 'Targeting By Connection Type' and select if you want to target mobile (cellular) or domestic/corporate traffic (Cable/DSL, Corporate, Dialup).
- For mobile connections you can additionally use 'Targeting By Carrier' to only show your campaign on certain mobile carriers.
- Please leave Browser and Operating System Targeting empty (Option for Experts only)
- Set frequency capping to control how often your advert will be presented to a particular user (per hour, per day). Impression Frequency Capping is especially sensible to use for large-size adverts where the level of user acceptance declines if the formats are used too frequently. The usual setting is Impression=5/Day and Click=1/Day.
Step 4: Create Adgroup
Note: One campaign can contain multiple adgroups. You can for example summarise all your adverts for a specific country or a specific device in one campaign with different adgroups.
- Name your adgroup
- Choose a selection type (Channel) and confirm
Step 5: Select Channel
- Select the channel where you want your adverts to appear
- Define a URL suffix if you want a specific string to be added to your Standard URL (Option for Experts only)
Step 5: Create Advert Copy / Banner
- Choose a Media Size (Size of your banner)
- Select one of the following Advert Types
- Create Advert: Use a banner from your SolAds banner library
- HTML Tag: Use an external script (tag) to render the banner
- External URL: Don't use.
- Give your Copy a unique name
- Add the URL that you want the advert to link to (Standard URL, e.g. http://www.mywebsite.com)
- For HTML Tag only: Add an external script (tag)
Step 7: Assign image/banner to your Copy
- Click on 'Your Media'
- Choose an image by clicking the checkbox and click on 'Manage Associations'
- Link the chosen image to the copy you have created in step 6.
- Repeat the above step for all relevant image sizes.
Alternative for Step 7: Assign image/banner to your Copy
- Go to your 'Copy Sets' and choose a 'Copy'.
- Click on 'Edit' and then on the tab 'Media' that will appear.
- After clicking on 'Add or Upload Media' you will see an overview of all available media.
- Choose an image and then click on 'Add Selected Media to this Copy' to assign it to your 'Copy'.
Important Note on Copy Selection
You can assign various images/banners to a copy. They will then rotate randomly. If you want to test the performance of different banners you will need to set up multiple copies. On campaign level you can control if you want banners to be shown evenly ('Even') or based on their performance ('Best'). If you choose ''Best'', adverts with better CTR will be preferred.